Monday, April 21, 2008

A giant, looming task...

Maybe we're bored in our jobs, maybe we have some god-created destiny, maybe we're crazier than something really crazy. I have no idea why we're doing this. There are so many games out there and we somehow feel we can do it as good or better? Craziness. But here we are. sporadic meetings (just what life needs, more meetings!), lists, plans, outlines. Why isn't this work?

Okay, enough of the little voice chattering away in the lower left corner of my brain. We're making a roleplaying game (we being me, Stacey and Henry - along with various denizens of the world community). It's coming along - no thanks to my sporadic input and infrequent meeting availability). Of course, I'm the least involved of the group - again, my fault, darn you busy life. But still, I think I've made some contributions and someone has to be the normal one. That's not usually me, but there is a first time for everything.

So I'm not going to go over the history and genesis of this idea - see Stacey's scrawlings for that. Let's just say this is intimidating, fun, and a lot of work. And when we're done we will have created. I think that's what it's all about in the end. Creating for the sake of creating, seems like a good motive to me.

No comments: